Dominican Parents, Caregivers and Grandparents are actively encouraged to be involved in as many aspects of school life as possible.
At Dominican School, we value parents as the first educators of their children and we strongly promote the development of teacher and parent relationships to work in partnership and support each child’s learning.
Listening to children read, assisting class teachers with children’s learning, coaching sports teams, getting involved in the Parents and Friends Association and Breakfast Club are just a few examples of the many ways parents share their expertise and become involved in the life of our school.
We strive to provide an environment where parents feel welcome and which fosters the growth of a mutually beneficial partnership between parents, teachers and students.
You are welcome and encouraged to be a part of the School Board and/or the Parents and Friends. Our School has a very strong and active Parents and Friends Committee (P&F). This committee meets regularly to plan many fundraising activities and events within our community. The P&F are committed group of parent volunteers who strive to build community.
Volunteer Induction and Training
At Dominican School we are committed to the safety of our students, staff and community.
To become a volunteer please complete the following and return all documentation the school office.
1. Read Induction Pack for Volunteers
2. Complete a Volunteer Application Form
3. Provide a copy of a current Responding to Harm, Abuse and Neglect Certificate
4. Provide a copy of a current Catholic Archdiocese Police Clearance. If you do not have a current clearance please contact our school office to commence the process to obtain one.
5. Provide a copy of COVID-19 Vaccination or exemption Certificate.